Then sings my soul my Saviour God to Thee, how Great Thou art!
Wake up to the melodious songs of some of the very rare species of birds.
Breath in the fragrance of the fresh crisp air.
Go for a morning walk to see the sun welcoming another day from behind a mountain.
Sit in the front lawn to enjoy the sound of happy chattering children walking up to school.
Enjoy your Quiet Time with the Lord through personal prayer and Bible-study.
When through the woods and forest glades I wander
and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down from mighty mountain grandeur,
and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.
Then sings my soul my Saviour God to Thee, how great Thou art!
- Spend the afternoons taking a stroll to the nearby local market where u can taste some fresh honey and local fruit jams and squashes along with locally grown strawberries, pears, peaches, plums, apricots and cherries.
- A short nap on the hammock under the shade of a magoe tree is utterly refreshing.
- Take a walk through the shady orchard to pluck and taste fruits and vegetables on the way.
- Walk down to the near by stream full of colourful fish frolicking in the clear gushing waters during the monsoons.
- Pack your backpack with some fruits and water and set off on an adventurous walk through the vast meadows and valleys up a hilltop from where you can watch the magnificent sunset behind the huge Himalayan mountains and capture some picturesque memories on film.
- Indoor games are available in case of rains.
- A Library is available but books are not to be taken away. The library will also house old newspapers dating back to 1947, the year of our Independence, and several magazines some of which are more than 70 years old.
* Evening *
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
consider all the works Thy hands have made.
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy Power throughout the Universe displayed.
- Enjoy the evenings sipping a hot cup of tea by the woodfire. Once again the choir of bird songs fill the air as they perch for the night on the huge shady trees.
- Relax in the open field on a cloudy day and catch the breathtaking view of the clouds moving slowly downwards and surrounding you, as you sit wrapped in a warm shawl cherishing the quiet moment. Look in awesome wonder at the clouds rising from the bottom of the hills reaching the heights.
- Take an after dinner walk in the lawn and sing praises to our Creator as you look at the bright moon and numerous stars above you, brighter, clearer and closer than you have ever seen them in the plains! On a cloudy day see the forked lightening and hear the sudden clap of thunder as you scurry indoors lest you get caught in a mild shower.
- As the lights turn on in homes, the sight of twinkling lights on the mountains are beautiful to behold. Praise Hill is lit up and the little ‘olde worlde’ cottage which is a part of Praise Hill, looks beautiful with its quaint antique structure, nearly 120 years old!!
Our desire at Praise Hill is two fold! Firstly that your visit as a Camper or any Church-related program, may bring you to the knowledge of the saving Grace of Jesus Christ. Secondly, as a Christian holidayer, you may experience Renewal, Restoration and Reconciliation with family and friends.
And ultimately :
When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then shall I bow, in humble adoration,
and there proclaim, My God, How Great Thou art!
Praise Hill has achieved its Vision and Goal!